- 07 Apr 2021
- 3 Minutes to read
Working with Document blocks
- Updated on 07 Apr 2021
- 3 Minutes to read
Working with Revv Document Builder is very easy. Revv Document Builder consists of Drag & Drop blocks. You can drag and drop the Text, Table, Image, Page Break, Empty Space as blocks onto your document.
Drag-and-drop blocks to your document.
To drag and drop the block to the document, do the following:
- Click any block, for example, select text block, then drag it to your document.
A line is displayed with the message "drop your block here".
- Drop the selected block on the line. A new block is created.
If you bring in any blocks to your document, you can start adding text within the text block. If you added a table, you can add table contents. Similarly, you can add other types of block elements as well.
If you are building a quote, you can use the in-built quote table feature. Just drag the quote table onto the document, a new quote table is displayed, and you can start creating the quote using the product and pricing catalog.
Use the Document styling section to include a document cover page to the document.
Enter a document title and subtitle as required.
Inserting Cover page
Click the arrow next to the Cover page to include a cover page to the document.
Inserting Header and Footer
Double click within the top of the page to insert a header.
Using the Editor - Working with Blocks
Revv supports document blocks such as Text, Table, Quote Table, Image, Page Break, Empty Space, and Signature in the documents.
- You can drag and drop document blocks onto the document. For example, if you want to add a text block to the document, just drag and drop the text component to the document, and start entering your information. Similarly, you can add tables, images, and other blocks. In the case of signature blocks, drag the signature onto the document, and set it up by providing the information from whom do you want to receive the signature. Or just click the +sign on the blue line to access the building blocks as given in the image here.
- In the outline pane, the headings of each and every component are visible.
- You can also add multiple columns in the same row. This magazine layout provides you with the option to add text blocks, images, signature blocks, tables, and payment buttons in the same horizontal group.
Note: You can add multiple blocks in the same layout.
- The component heading can be renamed by clicking on the edit button in the outline pane.
- You can also delete any component in the document, just hover over the component and click on the delete icon.
- Image, texts, tables, quote tables, page break, empty space, the signature blocks can be inserted anywhere in the document by drag and drop.
If you want to reorder the components within the document, just drag and drop the component wherever you require it in the outline pane.
Link Google Sheets within Your Documents
You can link Google Sheets as document blocks within your document. Just drag-and-drop Google sheets blocks onto your document and link your existing sheets to that. It helps you bring in as many as the number of tables and quotes tables available in the sheets on to your Revv document. Once the sheets' data has been added to your document, you can either unlink the source sheets or continue linking them. If the source sheets and document are linked, whatever changes you make in the source sheet will be updated in the document upon refresh.
To link existing Google Sheets within your document:
- Drag-and-drop Link to Google Sheet block onto your document.
- Click Connect to Google Sheet.
- Click and select the sheet you want to link.
- Mark and enable Use the first row as header option if you want to use the first row in the sheet as the header of the table in the document.
- Click Sync selected sheet to synchronize the sheet in the document.
- Click Show in the document.
The selected sheet data is added to the document as a table.
To reflect the changes you make in the source sheet within the document table, click Refresh and resync.