- 28 Jun 2021
- 2 Minutes to read
How to create a new contract?
- Updated on 28 Jun 2021
- 2 Minutes to read
It is easy to create and manage professional documents and contracts with Revv! Revv lets you create new documents, edit, or collaborate on documents. Get a heads up using templates or create a document from scratch, and then you can add text, images, tables, and even a quote table to the document based on your needs. Share quotes, proposals, contracts, or any other documents with your stakeholders, and receive digital approval by recording your customers' e-signature.
To create a document with Revv:
- Click Documents from the left navigation bar.
- On the Documents page, click Create Document.
- The next step is to decide whether you want to choose a pre-made template or from scratch.
- Select a template to create your document from a template or click Make Your own document to create a normal document, or click and upload an existing document.
- Enter a name for your document in the Edit Document Name field, the document gets saved in the entered name.
- Use the Document Components on the right pane to design the document the way you want. Drag and drop Text, Table, Quote Table, Image, Page Break, Empty Space blocks to the document.
You can style your documents with a cover page and header/footers.
The document you created will be listed on the All Documents section of the Documents page.
Once the document is created and is available, you can move it to the next stage. Some of your documents might require an internal stakeholder's approval. Once all the approvals are done, the document is ready to be sent to the client for signature.
Very important information: The layout of the document depends on the type of document and template you choose. If your document is based on an editor-based template, or a blank document, or any of your existing documents, you will be able to edit the document. You can add text, images, and tables to your document. If your document is based on a form-based template, you will not be able to edit the document. Since quotes have pricing and financials associated with them, the quote document will have an additional deal table associated with it.
Using the Editor - Working with Components
Revv supports document blocks such as Text, Table, Quote Table, Image, Page Break, Empty Space, and Signature in the documents.
- You can drag and drop document blocks on to the document. For example, if you want to add a text block to the document, just drag and drop the text component to the document, and start entering your information. Similarly, you can add tables, images and other blocks. In the case of signature blocks, drag the signature on to the document, and set it up by providing the information from whom do you want to receive the signature.
- In the outline pane, the headings of each and every component are visible.
- The component heading can be renamed by clicking on the edit button in the outline pane.
- You can also delete any component in the document, just hover over the component and click on the delete icon.
- Image, texts, tables, quote tables, page break, empty space, the signature blocks can be inserted anywhere in the document by drag and drop.
- If you want to reorder the components within the document, just drag and drop the component wherever you require it in the outline pane.