- 18 Jun 2021
- 1 Minute to read
How to send documents for approval?
- Updated on 18 Jun 2021
- 1 Minute to read
Organizations contain a lot of documents to process and having an internal review and approval process improves the productivity and effectiveness of your document management.
You can use automatic approval workflows to route the documents to reviewers or approvers for their approval.
Sending your documents for automatic approval
You can use Revv's approval workflows to send your documents for approval or rejection. You can create approval workflows. For example, if you have created a workflow in quoting documents that provide more than a 20% discount for a particular product, then you must send the documents for approval within your organization.
To send the documents for approval, follow these steps:
- Log in to Revv by using your credentials.
- On the Documents page, select the document that contains approval workflow and you want to send for approval.
- Click the dropdown button beside Send.
- Click Send for internal approval.
If the document is not associated with any approval workflows, then it gets automatically approved. If the document is associated with workflows, you will get a message that the following users are required to approve the document.
The approvers receive an email from Revv asking them to provide their approval. Open the email, go to the document, and approve or reject the document accordingly.
To approve or reject the document, follow these steps:
- Log in to your Revv account.
- Click Documents from the left navigation bar.
- From All Documents, select the document you want to approve or reject.
- Click Approve or Reject buttons on the document based on whether you want to approve or reject the document.
- In the Approve/Reject Document window that displays next, enter the reason for approval or rejection.
- Click Approve. Or, if it is the Reject window, click Reject.